
Well it is time to get in gear for the Gate River Run (ok I should have been in gear but hey I'm working on it!) I proved to myself that I could run not one, not two but THREE half marathons in 3 months, and I even managed to do one of them in under 3 hours (whoohoo) - not to mention get my medal AT the finish line (ha)
So I figure heck I did that last year, and I've done the River Run before so let's see if I can do a better job of it this year. Last year it took me a snail-paced time of more than 2 hours - I KNOW I can do better than that!
With the knowledge of the course and what it took to run (ok walk) over the Hart bridge I know what to look forward to. Of course my problem is not the course..its my lack of training thus far. I probably need to kick that in gear huh? Soooooo it looks like the drivers on San Jose and Beauclerc will once again be graced (or terrified HA) with the sight of me huffing and puffing my way through my training runs.
I have a new view on my running abilities: I am running faster than the people sitting on the sofa...I think that is enough motivation to at least get me started...


No comments:
Post a Comment