Friday, January 29, 2010

Musta Lost My Mind For a Minute....

For some reason yesterday I was feeling exceptionally energetic...maybe it was the super hot and sour soup I had for lunch (I was SWEATING while I was eating it...but I couldn't stop!)..maybe I'm just getting better sleep but for whatever reason I decided yesterday not to just double up classes but to TRIPLE UP...yes three classes...I know...insane LOL

 So first TRX - yes I felt the need to be tortured - er challenged again, and I am really glad I did because I able to get into this position and stay in it long enough to do one set of leg exercises...it is a LOT harder than it looks, I have to keep in mind that I am working against my own body weight when using this wonderful device and I'm not 120 lbs- because I'm not 17...
That was a huge improvement just from Tuesday because that class I couldn't even hold myself up much less do the legwork


So I made it through those 30 minutes, and it was really a great class there were only two of us in there so I wasn't able to slack off because Noha was able to make sure I was doing my sets. 


Next was Zumba..I.LOVE.ZUMBA...I mean no I can't dance, and trying to follow the instructors moves was like watching a hippo lean how to do ballet, but I laughed (and sweat) and had a blast (and sweat) and I burned a ton of calories doing it and afterward I wasn't tired so I decided to stay for boot camp. Heck why not only another hour of fun :) 


According to my heart rate monitor I burned more than 1200 calories, I don't know exactly what it was because like the goof I am, I forgot to turn it on when we first started TRX class. I do think I burned more calories in Zumba than I did in boot camp, but I have to keep in mind that in boot camp we do take our heart rate down when we are lifting weights and doing ab work. 


So today is Friday and it is my much needed rest day, my arms are sore but not even as sore as they were yesterday and I thought they would be much worse but I'm able to move them around without too much pain. 


Tomorrow is the 5 mile run for Wolfson Children's hopsital and hopefully my cousins Kevin and his wife Stephanie will be running with me, Jason and Taylor..I'm really looking forward to it since I haven't really run this year. Its going to be a boo-ty kicker going over two bridges and on the riverwalk, but we should have some nice scenery and I really think it will be a lot of fun. 



No comments:

Post a Comment