Still technically 'pre-training' but am realizing that this is really going to be tough. The weather is so humid this time of the year it feels like I am running in cotton or underwater. I had to slow my pace waaay down, and I was running with Daisy so that in itself has its own challenges - all good ones of course! She is a really good running buddy when she's not chasing lizards or investigating what is rattling in the bushes on the other side of the fence.
Yesterday's run was supposed to be 2 miles @ 12:52 pace which I thought would be really hard to go that slow but with the humidity there were times I was running at a 13 min/mile and it was wearing me out. I know this should get better the longer I am training and get more used to (ha) the humidity.
Wednesdays are cross training so I'm hoping I can do yoga when I get home today and take Daisy on a walk before I pick Taylor up from camp. Thursdays are tempo or speed workouts and I'm planning on going to 1st place sports to run with a group those evenings. Saturday and Sunday are my run with hubby days and the mornings are the best time to get out get it done and get it over with.
So I'm feeling good - my legs definitely know that I have been running, they are 'worked' but not so tired that I am miserable. Along with the really good night's sleep I am happy with the weight I've taken off and am able to keep off, I am also feeling stronger and can see the changes in my body...that is always a good thing!
Wednesday, June 10, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment