Well I have officially finished week one of my training and I am still alive and still able to walk YIPPEE!! The weather was unforgiving as I knew it would be - it was still 100 degrees at 6pm yesterday- I figured running in the morning would be easier but it is so humid out there that it just beats you down, but I still did it! I do hope that throughout this I am able to see improvement in my running, right now I still feel like it is a struggle to breathe - which I am sure has to do with the humidity.
I'm trying to remember to start off slowly, but I get out there and my legs are fresh and I just want to run and get it over with...of course 30 minutes into the run my legs are feeling like overcooked noodles that somehow weigh 20 pounds and it is hard to get my feet off the ground. So I take it easy for the first mile, talking to myself reminding myself how to breathe, to keep my feet light when hitting the ground. I stopped listening to music and just listen to myself and I think that has helped me get in better tune with what I am doing and how I am feeling.
Overall I knew going in this was going to be an uphill battle since my training is taking place during the hottest time EVER lol - but like they say what doesn't kill us only makes us stronger...yeah um yikes!
Monday, June 22, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment