Monday, August 10, 2009

Moving Right Along....

Here we are another week has come and gone, have had a few difficult days even took myself to a doctor about my knee because it had been giving me so much trouble. Nothing too serious which is good. Just a touch of IT band and patellofemoral syndrome which is common with runners...no biggie, I just need to take some extra time stretching before I start running.

For my long run on Sunday I walked almost half a mile before I started running and I definitely could tell the difference. I've also been researching online stretches to help with my problems, thankfully some of these I do in yoga and others just look like good stretches I should be doing anyway so it is good to know that they will help with my knee issue.

Speaking of my Sunday run...started out a little (ok a lot) later than I wanted, didn't end up leaving the house until just before 7am. But I told myself before I went to bed no matter what time I got up I had to run then. It wasn't so bad, but I do know that I will set my alarm for future runs seeing as how I am increasing to 7 miles this Sunday - which will be kinda difficult because we will be on vacation but I'm sure I'll find a route to run...I KNOW I will..it is non-negotiable at this point lol.

So last week wasn't great - only managed to run 3 miles (very slowly) on Thursday due to my knee/shin pain, but I did get in 6 on Sunday so it wasn't a total wash out. I am now at a month and like 3 weeks to go - whoohoo it is getting closer. I will make sure I do the stretches for my knee issues, and I go back to the doctor for a check in September (on the 3rd exactly one month before the race)

So here's the plan for this week:

Mon - yoga, start doing more strength training concentrating on my thighs and NO Lunges!!

Tue - 3 miles easy run

Wed - cross training

Thu - 6 miles

Fri - 3 miles easy run - wait what happened to my off day?!?!?!

Sat - My new off day :)

Sun- 7 (yes SEVEN) miles!!!

This is my vacation (from work) week, so I'm going to have to fit my runs into all of the fun I will be having while not going to work lol...

No comments:

Post a Comment