Changed my training schedule a little last week due to vacation and knowing good and well trying to do 7 miles in a strange location on Sunday would have been a major challenge. So instead Thursday even though I was off work I got up and ran 6 miles and Jason got my butt up and moving on Saturday after the waterpark and I got in 2.5 miles in a very hilly area at the vacation house.
I'm really hoping to do 7 miles Thursday - that will be the longest training run yet, my knee was really bothering me after the run Saturday I'm sure due to the changing terrain and all of the walking around at Busch and Aquatica on Friday and Saturday.
We did stop at Tiffany & Co on the way to the vacation house on Thursday and I got to try on the rings I'm planing on rewarding myself (I haven't decided which one I want yet) with after the half is over... soo pretty! I'm still giving thought to buying myself a necklace too, my favorite one that Jason gave me broke at Aquatica and I lost the butterfly so I am bummed and he mentioned that maybe I should get a necklace to replace it...if course the race is just a week before my birthday and I can totally justify getting a ring AND a necklace - one as a reward and the other as a birthday gift to me :)
So the plan for the remainder of my training (7 weeks to go!) will look something like this:
Mondays - cross training/rest day
Tuesdays - Speed work and Tempo runs 5-7 miles
Wednesdays - cross training/rest
Thursdays - long run days
Friday - rest
Saturday - easy runs - 3 miles
Tuesday, August 18, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment