Monday, September 21, 2009

Closer and Closer!!

Only 12 more days! TWELVE days until my very first half marathon...YIKES!!!!!!! Not getting the crazy dreams like I did when I ran the River Run the first time, partly because I've had that experience..ok it wasn't 13.1 miles but 9.4 aint nothing to sneeze at. The closer it gets though the more I start to worry about the after. I didn't feel terrible after the River Run, really tired of course, but 1. the weather was cooler and 2. it wasn't as long as this run will be so there is that bit of worry in the back of my head.

All I want to do is to finish, I'm not trying to do it in any specific time - other than less than 3 hours. It would be nice to do it in 11-12 min pace, I'm going to just have to keep running - even if it is barely a run lol...the bridges are first which is good, my legs will still be strong and they will be done and over with and it will be all flat ground after that.

I tested out a GU energy gel and a Cliff Shot Blok with my long run on Sunday...I really liked the GU well the energy it gave me, not so crazy about the thick gel but I took that before I started running and was able to eat a little then drink and that really helped. I (stupidly) ate the shot blok when I wasn't near any water and even though it was chewy it did upset my stomach a little. Lesson learned - that's what training is for right? I'm thinking I will do a gel right before the race, and another one around mile 5-6 then again around mile 10-11, I plan on getting water around every 3 miles and I think I'm going to keep my own water bottle with me too...I just want it to be here!

No comments:

Post a Comment