Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Tennis - oh how I used to love thee...

We are participating in the Y games at my company - it is a makeup of different athletic events and all of us crazy people from businesses around town sign up to participate. It is ususally full of trash-talk, injuries and lots of fun. This year I only participated in tennis since I am a runner and all (ha) plus I just didn't feel like running all over town to practices and the different events.

So last night was the first (and last) night of the tennis tourney and I just realized how much is involved in playing...I am sore all over! I knew my hands would be, the end of the raquet always leaves sore area in my palms when I haven't played in a while (last time I played - last year's tourney lol). What I was not prepared for is my arms and shoulders being so sore! It feels like I have been lifting weights or doing pushups or something. I am really feeling it!

All in all it was worth it, I laughed a lot more than I had in the past tourneys. The ladies we played against were just out there to have fun, and running around after a ball for an hour and a half - or so - burned off plenty of calories and worked up lots of sweat so its all good. To top it all of I didn't curse out any line judges, break my racket or incur any fines!

Back to my running while waiting for Taylor which works out really well, that way I can go to the school early, park, take a jog around the neighboorhood and by the time I am finished she should be finished as well. Then my workout is done and I've picked up my girlie.

No comments:

Post a Comment