Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Not Even a Week Away!

Today is Tuesday and my half is on SATURDAY whoohoo...it is FINALLY within a 'touchable' distance... it was really hard keeping myself motivated during the long training plan I had, I don't think I'll do that again. I want to keep my training down to maybe 10 weeks max, maybe even just 8. After having this under my belt and as long as I keep doing some kind of running that should work out for me.

Did my first double-digit run Sunday. A nice and slow 10 miler and I felt really good afterward, had a Cliffs energy gel before and another one at the turn around point and I know that really helped with the fatigue and ward off some dehydration. I still felt strong after my finish and that is my main concern about the race. I want to make sure I am not being carried over the finish line.

Jason is really worried about the after - he doesn't use the energy gels and I told him that will probably help with that but he doesn't listen to me. Hopefully he will be ok. I'm just so ready to do it and get it over with, I keep going over in my head my strategy...easy out, bridges are first so that will be the first challenge, but I'm trying not to put too much pressure on myself regarding finishing in a particular time..at the same time there is a course limit. It is hard to keep all of that in mind and still try to enjoy the experience.

Oh well whatever happens happens right?

No comments:

Post a Comment