Ok yeah I'm doing two two two posts in one :)
Over the weekend I was doing some searching for jeans to wear, just something to throw on and run to the store, maybe go outside and play with the dogs in. Didn't want to put on work jeans so started rummaging back in the back of the closet, you know the place where you put those pants that you will be able to wear 'one day'...well I pulled out 2 pair, one from Old Navy - anyone who has shopped there before know their pants are sized at least 1 if not 1.5 sizes smaller than the tag says (not sure how pants can be 1.5 sizes smaller but trust me on this fact).
So they are a size 10 but knowing I haven't been able to wear them since I was like 140 really says to me they are a size 6 LOL...so I tried them on for kicks ya know...got them up to mid thigh which really is an accomplishment so I put them back on the hanger and returned them to the closet.
The other are a pair of Levi's also a size 10 - fit perfectly...there was no wiggling, jumping or laying on the bed praying to the jeans God to fasten them...I was so happy I ran out in the family room and started dancing (ok first I danced alone in my room...) and singing to the kids about my 'back of the closet pants'...they looked at me like I'd completely lost it - which of course made it funnier. I guess when you are a size 1 or 2 - BOTH OF THEM (scary but Jordan can fit into Taylor's jeans)!!! You just can't appreciate being able to fit into jeans that have been spending years in the back of the closet.
The funniest thing was a few days later Jordan was like 'Mom what did you call those pants again?'...he thought my little saying was funny...ok maybe you had to be there, or maybe you just have to be kind of off like me to think that was funny.
So onto today - Wednesday weigh-in day whoohooo..I've still been working hard at the gym, was able to make my long days Tuesday and Thursday of last week and even went to boot camp on Saturday. I also had my measurements taken since I hadn't done that since I first started back in October. The first measurement was my neck..and I lost half an inch LOL...overall I lost anywhere from 1/4 to over 1 inches not too shabby! I only lost one pound though so Clayton gave me 'the look'...he said I better be glad I lost inches or he would have kicked my butt.
Inches lost are nice and all and do show in clothes but the competition at work is all about pounds lost so I was a little worried about where I would be today. But at the same time I knew I didn't gain which of course is always good. So after the successes with the back of the closet jeans and that whole neck fat loss (lol) I was really hoping I would have a good number on the scale...the verdict? I lost 2.5 pounds that's 1.44% so now I am 167.7 pounds as of today whoohooo...I've managed to drop 6.26 pounds since we started!! I am so on my way to my goal of being 10 pounds lighter for the River Run...I just need to keep up a 2 pound loss for the next few weeks and I will be there.
So that's the wrap up so far...notice I still didn't comment on any running? Yeah about that...hopefully I will get in some miles today :)
Wednesday, February 17, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment