Ok so it is Wednesday and that means weighing in for the competition we have here amongst several co-workers.
What's at stake? Well
1. there is the great feeling of knowing any hard work you've put in the past week has paid off favorably - of course there is also the possibility that the hard work was negated by a weekend filled with pizza and wings - but hey we are all human.
2. there is the possibility that you will have to part with some $$ if you gained
3. most importantly there is the chance you will be the lucky parent to the Optimus Prime pinata for a whole week!!!
Now looking at those who wouldn't want to push themselves the sheer exhaustion a few times a week to drop a few lbs AND have the pinata (not to mention bragging rights)!!
So as the time (9am) approached to weigh in I began thinking back to the past week...mostly smoothies for breakfast and sensible lunches and dinners, then there was the doughnut and cupcake celebration after the run on Saturday...would that be my undoing? Only one way to find out....
Of course I tried to make sure I wore the lightest clothing possible - wrap dress no excessive jewelery LOL...I practiced positive thinking because let's just face it that scale in my bathroom is about as useful as snow tires here in FL.
The verdict? I'm down 2 pounds !!! That's 1.15% w00t!! Don't know if that is enough to win Optimus, but I don't care, I didn't have to part with any money so it's all good to me! I knew I'd lost some, I can feel it in my clothes...the hard part about this will be continually dropping. Hopefully with the small changes I've made in my diet and the varying workouts I've been doing I'll be able to keep this up. I have a spreadsheet showing that if I can consistently lose 2 pounds throughout the competition I'll be down to ~148 or ~25 pounds lighter than I am now.
Another motivator is that I have 5 weeks until the River Run and if I can lose 2 pounds every week until then I'll be down 10 pounds which will be my lightest running weight. That would be a wonderful feeling and I know will help my little legs run that much faster - it is a dream :)
Wednesday, February 3, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment