Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Back At It!!!

Ok took a week off to rest my knee and am feeling much better - yet guilty - its a delicate balance. I started yesterday with some cross training, I got some new DVDs - part of the Prevention line up with one of my favorite DVD people Chris Freytag, it was butt kicking and interesting and it can be configured to do cardio on some days, or toning or everything (you know for those days that I am feeling extra hyper). I'm waiting on a yoga DVD and Jillian Michael's 30 Day Shred (that just strikes fear into my heart) so I can have a nice variety of workouts to choose from.

Last night before going to bed Jason asked if I was going to run in the morning and of course every part of my body was saying 'hell no' but I told myself (and him) that if I happen to wake up at 5 I would run otherwise I'd just wait and do it after work. Well obviously my bladder has its very own alarm because 5am and I was in the bathroom, of course I was hoping against all hope that it was like 2 or 3 am but I saw the faint morning light and knew it was later than that. But hey its all good, I was up, dressed and out of the house by 5:15am which meant I would be back home around 6am and be able to fully cool down, shower and all that good stuff before I had to get my day started.

So I get up and hit the road and was back in 32:54 whooohooooo!!! I don't think I completed the 3.1 miles my Garmin reported, I mapped my route on runningmap.com and it is only 2.8 miles on there but you know what, that was 2.8 miles that I wouldn't have completed if I'd decided to stay in bed this morning so I'm ok with that. I'm trying to decide if I should recalibrate my watch now or just keep doing this loop and see how much I can improve my time...I think I am going to try improving my time first then I can recalibrate it one of these days.

No comments:

Post a Comment