Friday, July 24, 2009

Eight miles so far, yoga, and strength training...

that is how this week is going and because of all of that....my body hurts....the running didn't do it, I felt really good after both runs and my pace was nice and even this week. Its the strength/cardio DVDs that are really kicking my be-hind! The sad thing is, I'm using the lightest weights (5lb) and I am STILL sore.

Really I'm not complaining, it just didn't occur to me how much work I was doing, I definitely work up a sweat, and there are what feels like hundreds of squats/lunges involved but Thursday morning I didn't feel anything - which in hindsight is a good thing - and my run was strong, but later on Thursday walking down the stairs felt like murder...and I only work on the 2nd floor HA!

Thankfully today is Friday and a much needed rest day. Tomorrow is cross training and I'm thinking about taking up the offer from our neighbor to use the pool and do a few laps, cool down and enjoy myself.

Sunday is 6 miles and I do feel like I am fully ready for that - I think knowing I can run that much with the minimum of walk breaks will be a huge boost. the last time I ran 6 miles was almost a month ago (YIKES what HAVE I been doing???? I need to get on the ball for real!) and it took right at an hour and a half so I'd like to think I can do a little better than that. I remember that day, I know this time I will need to get started earlier in the morning like before sunrise - I love the pre-dawn runs during the week no reason I cant do that on Sunday as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment