Saturday, July 4, 2009

Celebration 5k July 4th!!

Whoohooo got up and ran in the Celebration 5k race this morning and I am really proud of myself here and my results:
 268   46  Antrelle Brown, 35*, Jacksonville, FL       34:33


Only walked at the water station after mile 1 which I finished in 10:30 which is a personal best for me so I think I'll do a little 'go girl' dance ....ok finished dancing ha...but seriously I am proud of the progress I have made, I haven't run in a race since May and I was a little worried even though I've been training. I guess it came down to mind over matter.

Had a lot of fun yesterday at the beach with the family, thought I was going to get a cramp in my leg though from body surfing and all I could think was that I wouldn't be able to run if I was in pain so I decided to just sit back in the water and just hang...I think I can count that as cross training right? Ha...

Well it is time to go get my 4th of July celebrating on...low country boil (crabs, shrimp, potatoes yummmmm!) with the family, hanging out, laughing, enjoying the little ones - what can be better than that? Well the fireworks will be a nice way to end the evening - looking forward to that as well.....

No comments:

Post a Comment