Ok I took a week off - I didn't run any after my first half and I admit that I could have because I wasn't in pain or anything but I just think I needed a mental break. Anyway I decided to start back with training on Monday so I can hopefully be ready for the next half. Hoping to do cross training a few days a week and run 3 -4 days a week.
Monday went well, went home, changed clothes and did my personal trainer dvd...it was tough, there is some weight training, toning, and cardio all mixed in and the trainer keeps you moving but there were plenty of times I just wanted to turn the dvd off and go watch tv ha...of course I am keeping my eyes on the prize and through the sweat I stuck it out and gave it my all.
Yesterday was my first run - an easy 2 miler that according to my schedule should have been done at 14:42 pace - ok I think, that is a nice easy pace, I can do that no problem...well I get out there on the road and I guess my feet/legs have been missing the asphalt because they just took off! I wanted to start out slow and easy and maybe work up to a a little faster pace (trying to do 14:42 wasn't going to happen, that is my OMG I cannot go another mile and the next step will be to walk pace). So needless to say I was not able to stick with that part of my plan. I ended up doing the 2 miles at a 12:48 pace. So I'm wondering if I should just do my easy runs at a 12 -13 min mile instead. I wasn't totally beat and if I needed to I would have been able to hold a conversation so I think that would have been a good pace.
It was really weird to be running again, my legs did feel a little weird running at first and my form was awful because I had such a sore back halfway through I know I was looking crazy LOL...its all good though that was day one and I didn't even expect to be able to run as long as I did. Today is Wednesday and my new rest day, tomorrow is a 5 mile tempo run that I can honestly say I am looking forward to doing. The weather was nice last night so I don't always have to get up at the butt crack of dawn to run, I will be able to do some of them after work - well Tuesdays and Thursdays will also be after Tay's volleyball games.
Wednesday, October 14, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment