It started out fine, a few poses, down-dogs, up dogs, runners pose...then it got a little tougher but nothing I hadn't attempted before...warrior poses, reverse warriors ok I'm feeling it and it still
feels good..a few chaturangas to push ups..then it started getting tougher..

first came some warrior 3 poses - ok tough, but for the most part I was able to keep the pose - standing on one leg is hard enough but add in the balancing and it starts to get hard quick...
So I say ok, this IS yoga for weight loss so it should be tougher and more challenging...little did I know what was coming next...
WTH?!?!?! Yes the yoga instructor wanted me to get into this pose - lovingly called bound extended side angle somehow I was supposed to bend one arm around my back and the other through my legs and clasp YES clasp them in the back...yeah that didn't happen YET!!I think ok I can't do this one yet, but this has to be the most advanced move and I haven't really practiced yoga with an instructor in close to a year...so this will be something to strive to achieve ..then comes THE MOVE...this is the ONE I have GOT to master!
The Crane Pose....yes..this I must master! I will practice and be able to do this pose if it kills me!!...last night however I was content with getting into child's pose and taking a quick napSo that was my warm up to boot camp which consisted of using a step to do about 1,000 mountain climbers, jumping from side to side, push ups (yes more push-ups), up and overs, squats and jumping jacks...
Following all of that non-stop 'fun' was the weight work which I am now starting to feel in my arms and shoulders..there were hammer curls, deadlifts, over head raises, flys, skullcrushers and all kinds of fun stuff!
That was probably the toughest two hours - outside of running - that I have been through in a while. But even after all of that I have to say I am happy that I did it and next Tuesday I will do it again - and probably be sore again - and probably be a sweaty mess when I finish again :)


No comments:
Post a Comment