Well it is the Monday after Thanksgiving which means:
1. I don't want to see turkey again until next year and
2. I ran another half marathon whoohooo go me!
So yes I have another half under my belt, sad to say though I did not complete it in under 3 hours as I'd hoped I would...took me 3:09 GRRRRRRR so so so close. Jason said I just walked too much (um yeah) but I did do a little better than my first one, so I am going to take that as a positive take-a-way and use it to build on...the next half...I decided that I AM going to run another one (yes as a matter of fact I DO like punishing myself lol)
So today starts day one of training for the Jacksonville Bank Half...
I promised Jason (and myself) that I would do more training for this one that I did for the last one. I know it is going to kick my butt but hey I'll be able to say I did 3 half marathons in 3 months...not a lot of people can say that.
The only thing I worry about is this one is on a Sunday so I won't have a day of rest before I come back to work. I'm sure that will be a joy - me hobbling around the office on that Monday...oh well, it will be a short week for me anyway I think I can make it 3 days
So the plan is to get in some shorter tempo and speedwork runs in on Monday and Wednesdays, still going to bootcamp on Tuesday, Thursday and Saturday and hopefully yoga on Tuesday and/or Saturday and long runs on the two Sundays I have before the run itself. Then really I am taking a break from running until the new year when I start training for the River Run
I'm tired just thinking about this plan! But once again I only have 20 days to train, not nearly enough to get bored with it LOL....
Monday, November 30, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment