Monday, November 2, 2009

Training, running, boot camping....oh my!

I have officially completed one week of boot camp whoohooo! And I can say that yes I am sore - mostly tricepts and glutes - but that just tells me I am really pushing my muscles to fatigue and showing them who is boss (ha) ...and I have even managed to drop a few pounds!

Saturday was another really tough day, it was really hot again and there were several times that I thought I was going to pass out. Still trying to figure out exactly what I should eat before that class, I don't want anything heavy of course since we do quite a bit of running including sprints, but I don't feel like what I am eating is providing me with enough energy to make it through class without feeling lightheaded. I was also really dehydrated so I know I'm going to need to up my fluid intake before classes. I'll be doing some research and trying some new things out as far as the eating part goes. Thankfully the weather will be cooler for those classes in the future which will be nice...heatstroke = no fun

I did manage a run Sunday, according to my schedule it was supposed to be 4 miles but I am not exactly sure what my total miles ended up being because my watch and foot pod were not playing nice. I do know that it was a struggle, I need to take my orthotics out of those shoes when I run, it was not comfortable at all and I think I do better without them.

Today I will do an easy 3 miles while waiting for Tay to finish with volleyball practice. I have already mapped out a route so even if my foot pod isn't working to track my pace I'll be able to use my time to see how long it takes and I know where to run to.

Speaking of my little munchkin..she wants to run a half with me - she's so cute says she just wants to be able to say she did it - made me feel good to know that I am being a positive role model to her! The only thing is - instead of running with me on the weekend longer runs she wants to go to this friend or that friends house...kinda hard to prepare for a run like that. I'd really love for her to run it with me I think it would be a good way for both of us to keep each other going. Hopefully we will be able to do a few training runs and I just don't want to feel like I am pushing her to something she's not ready for.

No comments:

Post a Comment