Update!! I so totally mastered not one but TWO of those crazy yoga poses (ok sorta mastered the second one)
Bound extended side angle - oh yeah, this move DONE..DID IT...KICKED ITS BUTT AND SENT IT CRYING HOME TO ITS MOMMA...ok maybe that is not the correct way to speak of such a difficult pose LOL...the important thing is that I no longer fear it, I can do it on both sides - one is a little less flexible but not for long!
AND.....
I KNOW!!!! I am amazed at my ability to do this one myself! Ok So I didn't hold it as long as I wanted to (yet) and I'm not as stable as I want to be (yet) but I got both of my feet off the ground and DIDN'T fall on my face that in itself is something to be proud of right?
So yoga is going great and boot camp is still kicking my butt. I decided to get a little heavier weights so this past Tuesday I found a pair of 6lb dumbells that did a goo d job of tiring me out but not so much that I couldn't lift my arms. Last night though I couldn't find them and wanted more of a challenge than the 5lb ones so had to move up to the 7lb ones and that WAS a challenge. There were a few times I wasn't able to complete the 20 reps of an exercise because I couldn't lift my arms but I made it through and (right now at least) my arms aren't so sore that I can't move them...and for a plus I am seeing a little definition in them - whoohooo sexy Michelle Obama arms here I come!!
So my running training - um yeah, about that...I did run on Sunday, got in 5 miles and felt really good. Have I put in as many miles as I should have for the half on Thanksgiving...um no, will I still do it, um yes, will I do it in under 3 hours..sure why not :) I know I should be able to average a 12 min/mile pace. I will be worn out and ready to tear up some food afterward but really isn't that the point of running that far on Thanksgiving morning?
I have decided not to do the half marathon in December...for one it is on a Sunday so I wouldn't have a day off to recover because I don't have any other vacation days to use. I will keep up with boot camp and yoga though and I will start training for the River Run after Christmas. I think by then I will be able to balance running and the classes a little better.
One of these days I'm going to post some pictures of myself to track my progress....I want to be able to show off my sexy sculpted arms -whenever I have them that is :) I'm not doing all these push ups and working with these heavier weights for nothing!
Friday, November 20, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




No comments:
Post a Comment